www.flickr.com

December 12, 2006

I'm such a

Susie homemaker. Check out these blankets I made tonight. yup you heard me right. I took advantage of having to miss work and stay in the house with 2 contagious kids and made me some blankets. I think I might be the last person on earth to know about these awesome things. You take 2 pieces of fabric and cute 4 inch squares out of each corner. Then you cute 1 inch strips all the way around the blanket and then......you tie them in knots. SEW simple...get it sew? so? Okay I'm stopping with that one, but anyways are these not the coolest things ever. I find these so cool I want to give everyone I know a blanket. because you can never have too many blankets. Especially when you live in Michigan. I made the strawberry shortcake blanket for a friend at work because she has a mild case of obsession with her....but shhhh don't tell her I said that. The heart one is for Hannah. She picked the fabric out herself. I have fabric for Alanna too, but 2 blankets in one night and I'm kinda tired. She will get hers this weekend...I promise. I picked her fabric and it is light teal with darker teal polka dots. I got matching darker teal for the backing.

*This definitely is going in the folder filed under susie home maker and betty crocker.

6 comments:

  1. oh Miss Domestic! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/13/2006

    I've always appreciated thigs made by hand, they are making a difference...you are a supergenius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these kinds of blankets. I have given a couple of them as gifts for a few years now, and everyone (including me!) loves them! I'm so proud of your "craftiness"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12/14/2006

    Oh wow.. I am really impressed. I love both of those blankets, I wish I could do something that creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12/18/2006

    I found your site through "so the fish said" and just wanted to say high.

    BTW, I've just started to get interested in the no sew blankets. How much fabric did you use? I've seen some that are HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12/19/2006

    My friend Cheryl is making these blankets for everyone this year as Christmas gifts! She is pregnant and has a 17 month old, so I haven't had a chance to ask her how to make them. Thanks for the info, I think my kids would love them! And I want one too! We live in upper-Wisconsin, so it's cold here too. Looks like I'll be going to the fabric store.

    ReplyDelete