www.flickr.com

December 15, 2006

The "old" friend

I am happy with my life. I love that Chris and I are together and starting our family. We just bought a house together and are getting married. Things right now are going great. So why is it that you can see one person and they make you reevaluate your life. Not so much want to change it but maybe just wonder what might have been?
I ran into my ex boyfriend a couple of weeks ago. He just got married and was there with his new wife. I have met her before and she is a great person. I really like her. He was my high school sweetheart. We dated for about 3 years and expeirenced a lot of things together as we grew from teenagers into semi adults.
he is doing well he bought 5 1/2 aches of land and will be building a house soon. They plan on waiting a couple of years before having kids, and his mom is well. Its doesn't make me jealous of what he has because like I said before I am happy. It just makes me wonder what might hve been. I would never change what I have now becasue I know Chris is for me, and he was not, its just a daydream that has entered my head a few times since are run in. Have you ever ran into someone from your past and wondered......what might have happend if?

4 comments:

  1. I think that's completely normal. You know now that you are so much better off with your man, but you still wonder what might have been. I've done it too, and then I INSTANTLY feel guilty, and then silly because even with the ups and downs of what you have now, it's WAY BETTER than what was, and now you're much more mature, so much so that you know THIS is life and that was just....experimenting. This is how I look at it. But like I said, I think we all think about things like this from time to time. It's kind of a good thing because you appreciate the man you have now, because he's NOT the man (boy) you were with before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/16/2006

    Yes, I have done that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/16/2006

    It happened to me too...It is kind normal I guess...It is about we women ,in general, to create romanticism in every relation and think that the person close to us might be the one...And from that comes the issues with the "ol" friend...I is nothing abnormal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know what you are talking about... it happened to me 3 days before Gavin adn i got married. I ran into my first love, I thought it was fate that I saw him, like God was letting me know that I was making the right choice with Gav.. after I left him I felt a little sad, i gave my heart to him first and it just felt so weird to tell him I was marring another man!

    ReplyDelete