www.flickr.com

March 21, 2007

memories


Lindsay wrote a post today about smells and how they can trigger memories. Its pretty funny that she wrote about this, because tonight while I was giving Alanna her bath I had a memory triggered by a smell. Right now we have 2 shampoos going for Lana. The lavender one and the baby all in one shampoo..The Lavender one is for night time baths and the other one is for her morning bath (because on the weekend she gets a bath Saturday morning and during the week its at night when I get home from work) anyways, I grabbed the all in one shampoo for some reason tonight and put it on her baby loofa. The smell made me think of how big she is getting and how last spring at this time she was not even sitting up or able to move. The smell made me think about summer time and how here in Michigan the winter is slowly stating to go away and before we know it we will be wishing for cooler weather again. It was strange to me how one smell brought so many thoughts to my head. Its sad to think that my girls are growing up. Hannah is almost 7. I have no idea what to do with a 7 year old. In a few short months Alanna will be 1 1/2 years old. How on earth did she get to be so old??? I know longer have babies, I have a young lady and a toddler. They both have their own personalities and views on life. Hannah has her smart mouth and Alanna has her temper tantrums....Gee how did I get so lucky..LOL!

Chris and I have talked about trying for another baby as soon as the wedding is over. Could it be time already for the baby planning already? Could I actually have another baby in this crazy house...only time will tell, I guess.

Do you have a smell that triggers a memory. Leave a comment or write about it and don't forget to tell me and Lindsay all about it..

4 comments:

  1. There are so many smells that trigger memories for me!! Just today actually, I caught a whiff of CK1 and it took me WAY back to my junior year in high school with my high school sweatheart, and how in love (I thought) I was at that time. And then there's smells that take me way back to childhood, like the insides of people's houses. Cute pic of your lovely ladies. They are growing fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This happened to me just last week, which is why I was compelled to comment! I had washed my hands in the school bathroom, and later brought my hands to my face, and immediately was transported to high school! (20 years ago!) I don't know if you had this, but in our school we had that pink, powdered soap that never washed all the way off...there would always be little chunks left on the back of my hands. But they always smelled the way they did last week. Crazy.

    Also, loved the picture. :) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT POST!
    You and I always do this... have the same bloggin' ideas!
    ha!
    another baby huh?
    Thats pretty cool!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete