www.flickr.com

June 29, 2006

4th of July

Chris and I have decided to take the girls camping for the weekend. When I was younger I use to love camping. Every other weekend my dad and step mom would take me, my brother and step sister camping. It was fun because my step sister and me are the same age, so it was like bringing a friend everywhere we went. We had a HUGE camper with an air conditioning, TV and me and my sister even had our own room. I know that wasn't really camping but it was still fun. Then once in awhile my mom would take me and my brother tent camping. That was roughing it. Scrambled eggs over the open fire, Mmmm, that was my favorite. I decided to do a happy medium this time. We rented a cabin at a Yogi Bear Park. The cabin is a one room cabin with beds, electricity, a microwave, and a small fridge. Outside it has a grill and a picnic table. Roughing it with luxury. I figured with Alanna we need a few of the luxuries to get by. We are leaving tomorrow and will be home on Tuesday. Its our 1st family vacation together!
I love the 4th of July. The fireworks make it my favorite holiday. I love watching the bright lights in the sky and the loud thunder it leaves behind. The 4th of July has been my favorite since I was little. I'll never forget the 1st time Hannah seen a big display of fireworks. She was about 14 months and we were on a blanket on the ground. I taught her to say the ooohhs and ahhhs when the fireworks were shot into the air. She had a blast. I sure hope Alanna isn't scared of them this year being so young. So while I'm gone I will leave you with this. I sure hope you enjoy as much as I do.
Happy Independence Day













2 comments:

  1. Ya'll have sooooooooo much FUN!
    Check out my blog.. you have been TAGGED!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time Tasha!! And I can't wait for all the pics you will be posting when you come home!! Steer clear of the mosquitos!

    ReplyDelete