www.flickr.com

July 5, 2006

Yay! I'm home

Not that I didn't have a great vacation with the family, but lets face it if you ever went anywhere with kids, its no vacation. So we arrived at the camp ground around 5:00 on Friday and set up. It was a cute little cabin, home sweet home for the next four days.


DAY 1: Hannah was so excited to go looking around. I was so excited to go to bed. We took a walk around the campground to get familiar with where things were and what activities were offered. They had tons of stuff to do, a kiddy land, putt-putt, swimming pool, arcade, HUGE play scapes, wagon rides, basket ball courts, a skate park and lots more. We decided on a walk and then cooking dinner. After dinner Chris decided he would like to drink some beer and went to the camp store and they actually sold good beer. So he bought a 12 pack figuring that we would have it for a couple of days to relax with. We put the girls to bed and sat around the fire drinking. We drank all 12 beers. We had a good 1st night. It has been a long time since Chris and I just got to sit there and talk. I did however forget that the bathrooms were a hike up the hill so every 5 minutes I was interpreted with the thumping urge to pee.
DAY 2: We woke up bright and early with the sun shining in our eyes. We got dressed and took Hannah to the kiddie land. The kiddie land was so cool. Almost made me wish I was a kid again. They had a power wheel track, paddle boats, a train, and 4 huge inflatable moon walks. One for jumping, one with a climbing wall, one with an obstacle course and another with a giant slide. Hannah had a blast. Then we decided to cool off and go swimming. Hannah is a fish and Alanna was following close behind. Lana was a little scared at 1st but then she was splashing all around like it was her personal bathtub. Later that night we had a fire and roasted marshmallows. We didn't have any longs prongs for the marshmallows, so Chris went into the woods and broke off sticks from trees and cleaned them up and we taught Hannah how to roast them the old fashion way.

DAY 3: Another bright and sunny wakening. We went swimming again. We had made plans for Chris's brother Larry to come visit since he lived like 15 minutes away from the campground. He came and brought a friend of his that had a long white beard. He had Hannah convinced he was Santa until he got a littled buzzed and became a dirty Santa. Thats when it was time for Santa to go back to the north pole! That night was the hottest night we had. It was a terrible sleeping night. It never cooled down.
DAY 4: Ahhhhh I was so ready to come home, but we still had one more day to go.
The weather called for rain in the morning so we decided to go to the local Walmart to pick up a few things. It was a super Walmart, it was pretty nice. I was impressed. When we cam back to the camp ground it never did rain so we decided to go putt-putt. Have you ever played putt-putt with a 6 year old CRAB. Not fun. We ended up quitting early and just losing our balls. It was okay though because we got to go nap and relax because we ALL needed that. Later that night they had karayogj. Get it karaoke...Anyways we decided to take Hannah and Alanna to watch the people sing. Hannah got up and SANG. Yes my shy little girl got up there and sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. She was so cute. Go figure that both my cameras were full. Our camping neighbors were there and took a couple of pics, so I'm waiting on them to email them to me, we'll see.


Oh did I tell you how afraid Hannah was of Yogi the Bear. They had lunch with Yogi and we took Hannah. She started to cry. Then they had glow stick walks with Boo Boo at night. She was afraid of that too. So we spent half the time we were there avoiding Yogi and Boo Boo.












So that was the trip in a brief summary. I probably forgot some things, but over all we had a great time and I still LOVE my family. Matbe a little bit more now. More pictures at Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. The pics are awesome!!!!
    Looks like ya'll had a ton of fun... and yes I have played putt-putt with a 5 yr old crab.. my nephew... HOOO, I wanted to pull my hair out after taht night!

    Glad you are back to cyber world :)

    ReplyDelete