www.flickr.com

November 16, 2006

Day 16~I can spell, can you?

Ever since Hannah started kindergarten last year she has been a sponge. She has been learning to read, write and spell. This year in 1st grade they have started the phonics part of letters and sounding out the words, that helps them learn to read.
With that being said, the other day Chris came home from work early and was laying in bed talking to me while I was getting ready for work. Hannah came in from getting ready for school and was talking with us too. I was trying to tell Chris about a dream I had that night and it was about seeing people have sex outside (don't ask) and I didn't want to say the word in front of Hannah so I spelled S-E-X. Hannah looks at me and says, Mom, I know what S E X spells it spells sex........I guess no more spelling for the adults.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11/16/2006

    Too funny. I remember when my friend's son was learning to read, and she had to take down her "Bush is a punk ass chump" sticker. She heard him sounding it out one night.

    Kids.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete