www.flickr.com

February 9, 2007

So last night I had this great post about running into the wife of a college teacher I had and how he inspired me and made me feel like a better person. It was a great post if I may say so myself. Then I hit publish and blogger said error. It was like talking to Alanna. I tell her no and she does it anyway, you know what I mean right? I yelled no blogger not error, I said publish. Blogger threw his (her?) head back and laughed and went into the error mode and I lost the entire thing. I was so mad I got up and walked away for a while, while blogger thought about what (s)he did to me. When I came back I asked if (s)he was ready and (s)he agreed and that is how I got to write about me being mad at stupid blogger.

Last nights post went s little something like this.
Have you ever read the book by Mitch album, Tuesdays with Morrie? Its this book about Mitch when he was a young man in college and he had Morrie as a teacher. Morrie touched Mitch's life in a way he didn;t think was possible. years later he found out that Morrie was sick and every tuesday he would go to Morrie and sit with him, hang out and ask questions..Mitch continued on with this until morrie passed away.

When I was in college a required class was public speaking. I was less than thrilled to have to take the class since I have a fear of getting in front of large groups. I picked a teacher, not knowing anything about him and wished for the best. Little did I know this was the best decsion I made probably the entire time I was in college. I whized the class and some what became comfortable with speaking. A couple years later I had to take public speaking 2 and picked the same teacher. When I walked into class he said Good morning to me and asked how Hannah was. I looked up in amazement because it had at least been 2 years since I seen this man and he remembered me and my daughter. The 2nd class was even better than the 1st. The class became friends, we hung out together, we talked in the halls we even all went out to dinner once and then for ice cream. At the end of the class I had this feeling of emptiness, I was sad I would not get to see these people everyday like I was used to. I was not the only one..more people felt like I did, so we decided to put together a book for our teacher to show him how he touched our lives. We put together stories we wanted to share with him explaining why he was special to us. I told about the 1st day of class, how he remebered me. That was an important moment for me. he inpored me and made me feel like a better person. one of the books we had to read in class was Tuesdays with Morrie. To us he was out Morrie. (If you have read the book, you will understand.)

With all that said. I ran into his wife and 2 daughters last night while at dance with Hannah. Just talking with her about him...made me feel good. he was like that one person that will stay with you through out your life. I feel better just saying his name. Do you have anyone in your life like this? A teacher, a neighbor, a family member?


*Interviews for the nanny start up again tomorrow. Pray for me.

3 comments:

  1. I actually have quite a few people like that to me. I have one teacher in particular that I have always adored. I haven't seen him in forever, but he still remains one of THOSE teachers for me.

    You were right. It was a GREAT post.

    Good luck with the interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! I have a couple college teachers like that. I often wonder where they are and what they are doing now. They truly touched my heart. Prayers are on their way for you and Chris tomorrow. And I can't wait to hear the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a high school teacher who always took time to listen and made me feel special. (You know the high school years aren't easy! ha!) I still write to her this day!

    ReplyDelete