www.flickr.com

May 18, 2007

Happy Birthday

It was a Tuesday morning when the dr finally had had enough of my high blood pressure and bed rest and decided to induce me. I was already on bedrest for 3 1/2 weeks and was ready to go. Even though she was 2 1/2 weeks before her due date the dr thought she was ready and it was the best thing for me and her. I was admitted at about 9:00 Tuesday night and the induction started right away. I had terrible back pain all Tuesday night and on Wednesday it was the same thing. Wednesday night I was still in labor but finally had some help with an epidural. I fell asleep about 10:00 wednesday night with me being about 6cm dialated. I was woken up at about 4:00 Thursday morning with a nurse trying to check me because Hannah's heartbeat kept dropping. When the lights were turned on she practically seen her head popping out....Luckily the dr was in the hospital delivering another baby and rushed in. The nurses started pulling tables and tools from out of no where. The dr sat down and told me to push. Next thing I know I pushed 2 times and my baby was crying. It was 4:40am. Hannah weighed a teeny tiny 5 pounds 15.9 oz and was only 18 inches long. She was my peanut then and still is.
It was a strange sensation to feel the emotions I had. I was only 18 and had just started my life. When I held her in my arms my world changed. I could not believe that I made this little girl and I was a mommy. I vowed right then and there to prove all the statistics about teen motherhood wrong. I was gonna prove to the world that I could make it.
Through out the years I did have help, and lots of it. I lived at home for 2 years and graduated college. Hannah and I moved out 2 months before she turned 2. I was a single mom but we were making it. If we didn't have the love and support that I had from family, mainly my mom then we probably wouldn't be where we are today. Thanks mom.
Hannah still has this emotional hold over me like she did the 1st time I seen her. I know I mentioned it a couple of days ago, but this girl still gets to me. Last night I cried because she was turning 7 in just a couple of hours. I don't know what it is, but she's got it. Maybe because still with her being 7 its the 1st time I am experienceing it with her. All I know is this girl better never win any rewards or get married because there won't be enough kleenex to go around, and I might just embarrass her a little too much.
Happy Birthday Hannah, I love you more than you will ever know....or at least until you become a mom too.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Hannah! Tasha-seriously, I have tears in my eyes! You beat the statistics! And look at your beautiful family now. Congrats and Happy Birthday to your baby:) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing I have read in a long time! It gave me goosebumps! Way to beat the odds!! And try not to cry all weekend as she celebrates her birthday! ha!

    ReplyDelete