www.flickr.com

May 30, 2008

Gloves in a Bottle

Its no surprise that I grumble about the weather non stop living in Michigan. Its a running joke with all Michiganders that if you don't like the weather just wait a minute and it will change. This year has been no different. With a long cold winter, a dreary, cold spring and probably a heat filled summer, my skin goes through a lot of changes. Throw in being 30+ weeks pregnant, my skin cannot make up its mind if it wants to be dry or extremely dry. With 2 kids, I am constantly doing things with my hands that include washing and drying on a regular basis. If its not the dishes, cleaning up spills changing diapers or baths, then its laundry and cleaning the house with chemicals. My hands are subject to everything and anything and along the road they have became rough and dry even cracking and bleeding at times.

When I was asked to do a review for this lotion called gloves in a bottle, I was really excited. All the other lotions I have tried do not stay on washing after washing and I find myself constantly reapplying lotions and it can be a hassle at times. Gloves in a bottle goes on smooth and you can feel the moisture rubbing into your skin. The amazing thing is, that my hands still feel soft and full of moisture after several washings. In the week or 2 that I have been using this product, my hands have went from dry and flaky to smooth and glowing. They are soft.

How does it work? Well, the outer layer of your skin consists of dead skin cells - it's a protective layer designed to protect the delicate living cells of the deeper layers of skin. This layer of skin needs to stay moisturized to protect the deeper layers of skin. In order to keep the moisture (water) from leaving the outer layer of skin, the skin produces natural oils. These oils also help keep irritants away from the deeper layers of skin. Regular washing with soap or exposure to chemicals can remove these natural oils.Hand and skin lotions only replace natural oils with artificial ones. These offer temporary relief that does little to heal the skin. Regular use of lotions can actually cause the skin to produce less natural oils. Gloves In A Bottle is a shielding lotion – it bonds with the outer layer of your skin and helps lock in your natural oils and moisture

With Summer coming and the new baby, I know that we will be spending a lot of time in pools and even more hand washing than before. Don't just take my word for it..Check out their website: http://www.glovesinabottle.com/
And if you don't like ordering things you haven't tried, I also found this product at my local pharmacies. They even have free samples to provide.

1 comment:

  1. Great review - I'll check it out. Love the diagrams - this teacher gives you an A+ for the visuals - ha! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete