www.flickr.com

September 26, 2008

2 months

Today Ben had his 2 month check up. He is 11 pounds 2 oz (4 pounds heavier than birth) and 21 1/2 inches long (1 inch longer than birth). He is average for height and head circumference, however he is a little chunky for his weight when compared to his height. That may be due to the average 2 month old should be drinking about 3.5-4 oz every 3-4 hours and Ben drinks 6-8 oz every 2-3 hours during the day. I have a a little piggy on my hands. Maybe thats why I could not breastfeed, he would have milked me dry, hehe. Speaking of dry, I sadly gave up pumping a week ago. I said before I was not as great pumper and only would get about 1-2 oz about 4-5 times a day...Well it got to the point that I would pump for 20-30 minutes on each side and only get a half an oz. Now I know a little is better than none because that was my favorite phrase while I was pumping but all that hard work for nothing was really getting me down and depressed, so for every ones sake in the house I decided to go full formula. I guess it was not meant to be. At least now though I know Ben is healthy and happy eating the formula and at least he got 2 months of his mommas milk.

1 comment:

  1. Love that picture! I can't believe it's already been two months! Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete