www.flickr.com

May 6, 2009

big girl

I had an ah-hah moment.

I started potty training Alanna right after Ben was born and she hopped right on the potty train. However over the last year she has been wearing pull ups at night because every morning she woke up wet and I did not want to change her sheets every night until she could handle sleeping in big girl panties. However I have since gotten fed up with buying my 3 1/2 year old pull ups and my 9 month old diapers at the same time. So one night I just went for it. And you know what? Alanna did not have an accident and since then she has only peed the bed 1 time. My moment came when duh, if she has the diaper on she's gonna pee, I know I would, because I'm lazy like that too.

I just stop her drinks around 6-6:30 every night and she gets a sip of water before bed and then I make sure she has went to the bathroom and she goes to sleep. And you what to know what else. She has not woken up in the middle of the night or crawled in bed with me and she is also sleeping in later. Today she slept to 8:30 which for Alanna is like noon for us. Amazing!


I am so proud of her and me, for realizing that I was not helping her when putting her in the pull ups and now she is a "full on" big girl. But never to big to cuddle with.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! and, I'm lazy like that too! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5/11/2009

    Yay Alanna!! Yay Tasha!! Yay team work! LOL

    ReplyDelete