www.flickr.com

September 13, 2009

Bedknobs and Broomsticks- review

When I was younger and my parents worked, I would have to go to the babysitters. One of my favorite thing to do there was watch movies. It always seemed that she had way better movies than we did at home. My babysitter was the one who opened my love for grease and other great movies. One movie in particular I remember watching over and over was Bedknobs and Broomsticks.



I loved this movie for several reasons. It was about magic, and if you know my love for Harry Potter, you know my love for magic. It also was half animated. I LOVE movies like this. When you start with humans and they end up in the animation world there is no telling what can happen.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks was re-released on September 8th fully restored and remastered.
Its about 3 children ( Charlie, Carrie and Paul) who go to stay with Miss Price who is a witch in training. She has many mishaps along the way until she successfully places a magic spell on a bedknob and all 4 travel to different places on the bed. Its a fun, fantasy world that any child will fall in love with. I know my 2 girls did the minute they watched it. Now Alanna requests the bed movie almost daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment