www.flickr.com

September 20, 2006

Just another day in paradise...

Today started out as any "normal" day would. I woke up, got in the shower, put on makeup and did my hair. I woke Hannah up and got her breakfast, she got dressed and brushed her teeth and hair. Then I woke Alanna up and got her dressed and fed her breakfast. We were out the door right on time. Hannah didn't have school today for some inservice day, but that was fine, she would go to daycare and play just like another "no school" day. So what makes today so special you ask???? If its not my kids it someone else's. Daycare called me as I was on my way to work and told me that her oldest daughter (10) woke up with a rash on her body and was going to take her to the Dr to check it out. She thought it may be chicken pox, but was not for certain. Thats not such a big deal because the Dr have the vaccination now, so I'm not to worried about Hannah, but Alanna, well, Alanna doesn't get her chicken pox vaccination until like 12-18 months....thats right Alanna has not had her chicken pox vaccination yet...time to worry. She asked if we could pick Alanna up for precautionary reasons. Well as you all know I have missed way to much work for my girls and CAN NOT miss any more. So I called Chris, who mind you worked all night, to go pick up Alanna. He was upset at 1st but he got over it because missing one day of work is better than missing a week for the chicken pox. Chris gets to have fun today and we at home with the girls. Alanna cannot go back to daycare until the chicken pox has scabbed over.....fun! I have arranged to take tomorrow and Friday off. How my job works is we have 3 days to call off for any reason...then for other days off we have to schedule them in advance. We don't get vacation/sick days...we get a certain amount of hours every pay day. We get paid every other week and I earn 7.45 hours towards a 7.75 day off of work. So if I have time saved up I can request days, I just cannot call off or leave early without it being scheduled. Understand? Its a little confusing. Hopefully everything will be cleared up by Monday. I swear it just never stops for me....everytime I'm in the clear something else happens. Chris's mom had mentioned maybe watching the girls over the winter time, that sure would help us out. Daycare expenses are off the hook crazy. If she does this then we would be able to take that extra money and put it towards the wedding. Everything would work out in the end...I pray. We will see, that would be a great stress reliever to have grandma there for the girls and not daycare...ya know? Well I guess its Just a day in the life of......ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment