www.flickr.com

September 13, 2006

She's innocent!

Remember last Friday when Hannah's teacher called me? After thinking about it for a while and talking to a few people, I realized that the teacher called me a little prematurely. I am happy that the teacher feels the need to communicate information to me about Hannah and school, but she called me on the 2nd day of school to complain about my daughter. For goodness sakes Hannah has been on summer vacation for 2 months, she needs a little time to adjust. This is new to her all over again. This is 1st grade....1st time going to school all day, 1st time eating lunch at school, 1st time she had a summer vacation, get my point? Well I had a talk with Hannah and she finally confessed that she was talking to her friend and the teacher told her to do her work and Hannah took it upon herself to keep talking. I had to tell Hannah that when her teacher tells her to do something she has to listen and not be mean and disrespectful. I decided that a punishment was not inorder and I didn't even yell. Of course I did not share my feelings with Hannah about her teacher, but I have this small crazy feeling that I already don't like her teacher. I know I shouldn't say that, geez I haven't even met the woman yet...but you know how you get those feelings? I have one and its not good. I will not be quick to judge, but I will be there to defend my daughter if I have too. We will have to wait and see.

Moving on.... I had a health fair at work today. Exercise your way over here and check out some things I learned.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips on the exercise blog! I think your gut instinct about Hannah's teacher is probably going to be correct!! The first time a teacher calls a parent or sends a note home it should be POSITIVE! That was not positive, and look what happened! She doomed herself!

    ReplyDelete