www.flickr.com

November 8, 2006

day 8~Miss Susie

Do you remember in elementary school doing the hand slap thing and singing Miss Susie?
Miss Susie had a baby
she named him Tiny Tim
she put him in the bathtub
to see if he could swim.
He drank up all the water,
he ate up all the soap,
he tried to eat the bathtub
but it wouldn't fit down his throat.
Miss Susie called the doctor,
the doctor called the nurse,
the nurse called the lady with the alligator purse.
Do you remember that? Well Hannah does because she comes home singing a new song everyday. On Halloween I actually broke the secret that I knew what she was doing. She thought I was the coolest mom ever. Her exact words were "wow mom you are so cool". Thats right my 6 year old thinks I am cool. Her version and yours maybe a little different. I remember when Zoot talked about her son doing Miss Susie, and everyone had a different version. What was your "song" in school?

3 comments:

  1. Miss Susie had a lion, the lion had a bear
    Miss Susie went to heaven, the bear went to
    Hello operator, I'm dialing #9, if you disconnect me, I'll beat your little
    Behind the fridgerator a broken piece of glass, Miss Susie fell upon it and broke her little
    Ask me no more questions, tell me no more lies, the boys are in the backyard zipping up their flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Found your blog through NaBloPoMo. Brave choice! I'm doing NaNoWriMo, and, having just started my own blog, that seems easier!

    I learned this from a friend in high school:

    Miss Suzie had a steam boat
    The steam boat had a bell (ding ding)
    Miss Suzie went to heaven,
    The steam boat went to hell.
    Come on operator, give me 999
    And if you disconect me, I'll kick you in the
    Behind the refrigerator, there was a piece of glass
    Miss Suzie sat down on it and broke her little
    Ask me no more questions, tell me no more lies.
    The boys are in the bathroom doing up their
    Flies are in the meadow, the bees are in the park
    Miss Suzie and her boyfriend were kissing in the D-A-R-K, D-A-R-K dark dark dark!
    Dark is like a movie, a movie's like a show.
    A show is like a TV show and that is all I know.
    I know I know my ma, I know I know my pa.
    I know I know my sister with the 80 meter bra!

    Woah, that was longer than I remembered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/14/2006

    I remember that!! I also remember:
    Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack...
    All dressed in black, black, black...


    Hi Tasha, I'm Tee and I surfed in via Lindsey's blog after reading about your phone conversation.

    I enjoyed reading your blog. Can I hang out here from time to time?

    ...now I have to go listen to the radio so I can get the Mary Mack song out of my head. haha

    ReplyDelete