www.flickr.com

November 9, 2006

Day 9, Insert foot in mouth here

I've mentioned on here before that through blogging I have met some great people. People who take the time out of their busy schedule to read about my hectic life. I have gotten to know some people pretty well, and find myself wishing several times a day that they lived closer by so we could get together. I am fallen in love with some of the children out there and can't wait to get my updates to see how everyone is doing day to day.

Well I think the time has come to move my relationship a bit further. One of my favorite bloggers/teacher/friend Lindsey and I have exchanged phone #'s. We have several things in common and live relatively close to each other. We both are with the man of our dreams (well most of the time), We both grew up in Michigan, and several times we have been near each other or in the same spot and not even known it. We talk all the time through email and back and forth on each others blogs. We have kinda decided to set aside some time for this weekend to give each other a call to talk to each other. Like in real life, not just on the computer. That means if I say something stupid I can't hit the backspace and delete the comment. I will have to explain to her that I am actually a fake. I am not confident or a great speaker. I never have anything to say and when I get nervous I do this annoying laugh and say um and uh ALOT. What if she decides that I have a social disorder and can no longer be my friend? You know she is a teacher....teachers have great social skills and always have something fun planned. I asked her today if she was nervous. I am, I told her its not a bad nervousness just anxious. I said its like the night before Christmas and you get this knot in your stomach and can't sleep, the butterflies are fling all around. What if the only thing I have to talk about she has already read on this site. Oh jeez, I am really scared about this. I don't know anyone in real life that blogs. I know I am probably working myself up over nothing. I know she is the sweetest thing out there, and could never be mean....well at least I think. Hopefully I won't put my foot in my mouth, and will have a new life long friend that I actually can talk to on the computer, on the phone or maybe even one day in real life.

Lindsey...thanks for being my friend, and I hope I don't insult you to much. TALK to you this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! I want to live close and hang out with you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww.. I think it's normal to be nervous (I have met more than a fair share of people from the Internet) but I'm sure you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/10/2006

    Hey, if you both have broadband internet, check out skype, you can call each other for free.. ;) it's a cool program, I love it.

    I'm just trying to visit as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can and I thought I'd say hi, I liked your blog.. :) I'm bookmarking you and I'll be back!

    Re the depression, my advice is to make sure you're listening to music. I always find I get down if I'm not. I found this great site on the net called last.fm where it keeps track of everything you listen to, so I can make sure I'm listening to enough music each week ;) The weather and changing clocks back always gets me down too. :( Good luck with the wedding and stuff.. :)

    ReplyDelete