www.flickr.com

January 11, 2007

piece of cake

I talked to my brother today about getting my wedding cake. Its feels so nice to have him make it for me. For those of you who don't know my older brother owns a bakery and the cakes are so yummy. He told me to call my sister in law and set up an appt. I am so excited to pick a cake. Exspecially when I am by brothers favorite, no really I am, and I get to have any cake I want. What I really want is a BIG cake that looks like it cost a lot, but more than half of the cake will be fake. Did you know that they can do that? I never did. when my brother made his wedding cake he had only the top two layers real and the bottom 2 were fake..how neat is that? I think I am going to go the non traditional route and not have a cake topper. I want to have flowers all over my cake. click on the balery link above to get an idea, go ahead I will wait........
Okay see it? I like that except I want bigger. Listen to me, I want, I want, I want...i sound like a kid in a Toy store. Good thing I only plan on having one wedding, hehe.

6 comments:

  1. I love the idea that someone in your family is making your cake, what a wonderful personal touch! We had teddy bears on top of our cake and icing roses all around - I will keep those teddy bears forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can barely wait to see pics of your wedding...I mean it!
    The most beautiful wedding cake i've ever seen was decorated with real roses petals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake with the gerber daisies is so pretty!! Are you going to have one with all different colors or just "your" colors? Speaking of that, what are your colors?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/12/2007

    My MIL made our cake. She makes wedding cakes on the side and is an artist and they are beautiful. It was great having someone in the family do it for free!!! Plus, it looked better than any cake I had ever seen. I knew they could do the fake thing too she does that on some. I think she just has cardboard thats covered in icing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH, please send me a bite of cake :)
    those look super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/17/2007

    I love flowers on cake. And I think it's sweet that your brother is baking it.

    ReplyDelete