www.flickr.com

May 10, 2007

Another nanny story

I feel all scattered, all over the place. My life the last couple of months has been so busy and stressful, I don't even know whats going on anymore. With the wedding, Nanny C's 2 week notice, finding a new nanny, being sick, and then having to find another new nanny.

Did you see that? Thats right, a nother new Nanny. This time its not as bad as you would think though. heres the story.

J (a friend of a friend, who I am starting to get to know really well) called about the ad. I hired her becasue I knew her and her family and I really liked her. So she started on Monday when I went back to work. Her oldest son (age 9) missed the bus and came over with her...no big deal. On Tuesday J called me and told me that Alanna was getting sick. I just had gotten to work. Not even logged on the system yet. Turn around and head home. Alanna gets it out of her system, I get it out of my system..then comes Wednesday. Around 10:00J calls and said that her son's school called and he is sick. Call everyone I know to come over, Chris ends up off work early and goes home to Alanna after working all night. I call my stepdad to see if he can be a back up on Thursday. J calls thursday morning at 7 and tells me she has been sick since 4 and cannot come over. Call stepdad and drop Alanna off to him and he says he will come to my germ infested house for Hannah when she gets off the bus.
I called J on Wednesday and asked her how she felt about the week so far. She siad that its been really hard on her because of her kids and my kids and sickness and her son missing the bus and everything else. So we discussed it and we don't want anything ruining our friendship and she has a lot going on with her kids. So we decided that it would be best if she didn't watch the girls anymore after this week and that I should find someone else. This was fine with me since I did interview a girl I really really liked. I called her and asked if she was still interested and she said yes....SO I have a new Nanny K starting on Monday. Still with me? She will come over on Saturday to hang out with us and the girls to get to know them a little so I don't just throw Alanna at her on Monday morning. Hopefully we have all the germs out of the hosue and will have a fresh start with Nanny K. Whew, I'm just tired thinking about it all again. Hopefully things will start to slow down or at least be a little less stressful.

2 comments:

  1. That is crazy! I almost got lost reading it!ha! The Nanny saga continues...

    At least you had a backup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful! Everything all happened at once for you, I hope things get calmer from now on..

    ReplyDelete