www.flickr.com

November 16, 2007

Day 16, the surgery

I took Alanna to the E.N.T doctor yesterday. He took one look in her ears and said that she had lots of fluid. I counted 6 ear infections last year and he said that they only usually look for 3 or 4 in a 6 month span. Alanna's results is that she is hearing about 25-30 decibels under were she should be and he said that would be equal to an adult putting ear plugs in our ears and someone talking low to us..That's why Alanna has a hard time pronouncing her words, she can barely hear us..She does more syllables when we ask her to repeat something. That was because she couldn't understand. In a way I am so happy that we caught this early, but then again I am so nervous for my baby to be put to sleep and have surgery.
I read in the information packet yesterday that the results are usually right away. Hopefully by Christmas, I will have a little chatter box. Her surgery is scheduled for December 7. Please pray for us.

4 comments:

  1. Will definately say a prayer! Bless her heart! I bet she is babbling away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our audiologist told us today that when ear infections get really bad it can cause up to a 60 db loss, which means the child hears NO speech!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Travis is right behind her!
    I cant wait to hear how it goes. T has 1 more infection and he gets tubes.
    I will be praying for you guys!
    Stay strong Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you!! She will be chattering so fast afterwards you probably won't know what to do!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete