www.flickr.com

March 31, 2009

I was stung by a wasp.

Friday night I was rocking Ben in the recliner around 8:30. My right ankle started to burn so I reached over with my left foot and rubbed it a little. Then the worse burning sensation ever started in my right foot. I looked down and a wasp was crawling on my foot. I kicked it off and had Hannah step on it. My foot was burning so bad. I was stung. I called my neighbor over since Chris was helping his mom move into her new place. She helped me out and checked for the stinger and then helped put the kiddos to bed.

Saturday my foot was fine. It was sore but I figured that was normal. Sunday my foot began to swell and was turning red. My Sunday night my foot was HUGE and turning a dark red/light purple. I finally broke down Monday afternoon after I was barely able to walk on it and went to the urgent care. The dr said I had an allergic reaction and gave me some steroids to help. I still have to take some Benadryl (is that spelled right?) (only at night since I pass out on the stuff). I iced my foot for about 3 hours last night and had it elevated. The swelling has went way down and the light purple color is now a darker purple, but the dr said once the medicine kicks in the color will return to normal.

When I tell people I was stung by a wasp, they are really shocked that the wasp are out already here in Michigan. I guess thats what happens when you live here. One week its in the 50s and 60s and the next week it snows. Well I have to go now. Its time to ice again. Oh joy!

3 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cringed when I read the title!! Ouch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the horrible memory about the wasp was when i scream AHHHHHHHHHHh and my ipod fell on the pool and i lost the f-g thing.
    :(
    stings... they hurt.
    at least i'm not allergic anymore.

    ReplyDelete