www.flickr.com

April 17, 2010

in the moment

Right now there are dishes in the sink, and clothes in the dryer. There are toys on the floor, and the trash needs to be emptied.

I tell these confession, because I'm not sorry. 

I tried to load the dishwasher, and I tried to fold the laundry, and I tried to take the trash out.

Instead I sat around for most of the day.

I sat with a cuddly (not so baby) boy on my lap.

He has been playing so well by himself.  On his belly, running the cars up and down the couch.  Little vroom vrooms coming from his sweet lips.

But for today he just wanted to cuddle.

So I stopped trying to get the daily chores done, and I just sat down and smelled his sweet head, and gave a million and one kisses and enjoyed every minute, every second that he let me.

1 comment: