www.flickr.com

January 25, 2007

What would you do?

I'm still on chapter 2 in the 1st counseling book. I am having major complications with forcing myself to read something. I stll have not recieved the other 2 books needed to start. Would it be horrible of me to call and cancel on the pastor. He is my dads cousin so he is family and that makes me feel bad. I found another person that my mom knows to marry us. There is no 1972 books involved, just the leagality of the marriage. That is what Chris and I was looking for in the 1st place, but could not find a couple of months ago. Now I feel bad. The pastor is very into his religion which is not a bad thing, however Chris and I have different views. We don't go to church, even though both would like too, we just haven't found what we are looking for. We both believe in God, just we have not figured out what type of God or religion is best for us. Should I suck it up and read or break it off?

Hannah asked a question God the other day. I'm having a really hard time answering it. She asked "If God made us, who made God?" Ummm good question ask go ask Chris.

I don't know what has come over me. I used to be able to just break it off with people and have no bad feelings, but lately this is not happening. A certain person in the family that has been giveing me problems, wants to bring some food to my wedding shower that does'texactly fit into the "brunch" theme. How do I tell her thanks but no thanks we have all the food thats needed. She claims she may noit like any of the food and if she brings somehting she will at least know she likes that.... how do I say stop being difficult please this is MY wedding without hurtung her feelings?

Are any of you tired of hearing about the wedding yet? Are you tired of the stress, the ranting about family members, I kinda am so its okay if you are too. Its not as bad as it seems. I am having fun planning stuff and getting everything ready. I am really excited for the day I can't wait. Last time I checked there are 93 days until the wedding.....

7 comments:

  1. If we are tired of it, we will choose not to read. Right? And I'm still here.

    I have NO answer for the family question. I planned my wedding in 3 weeks and we didn't have anything like that happen. I wish I could help you more. Let us know what you do though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang girl-you got a lot to think about. Be straight up with the people in both issues (pastor and family member). And as for the question from Hannah, look in the Bible index under that topic. I will look too and see what I can find. That's a good question actually. How come we never thought of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the days when my brain was 100% occupied with wedding stuff! It all seemed so stressful and crazy at the time, but trust me it will ALL work out and be wonderful!

    I do not know what I would have said to Hannah either, I would have done the SAME thing you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one created God. He is the only uncreated being. He has just always "been".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/27/2007

    Are they couseling books or something else??? I know we had to go to premarital counseling and it actually was VERY good for us. Even though we had known each other for 10 years it was good to learn things we dint know and it was even better to go ahead and lie all the things about each other we didnt like on the table so we could try to work through them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tasha- do what makes you happy! Don't worry so much about what others think- it's your wedding, your marriage, your life- DO WHAT YOU WANT!! In the end, you'll be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete