www.flickr.com

February 23, 2007

friday favorites

Okay Michelle over at Futtering Butterflies has started a new meme. Its called Friday Favorites and I am going to play along this week. I have many favorite things, but Michelle did food so I thought I would too. My favorite ethinic food is mexican and I will share a favorite receipe with you.
ENCHILADAS
1 package of large flower tortillas
2 regular size cans of (red, mild) enchilada sauce
1 can of refried beans
1 pound groud beef
2 packages of shredded cheese
Optional: 1 bunch of green onions, chopped lettuce,
or other toppings of choice
Brown the ground beef until fully cooked. Lay out the tortillas and spread a spoon full of beans. Spoon 1-2 tbsp of beef onto the tortillas and then sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top. Roll tortillas up like a burrito and lay fold side down in a pan usually about 9 1/2 X 13. After all tortillas are in the pan, pour both cans of enchilada sauce over the entire thing. Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce until fully covered. Top with optional green onions. Bake in the oven at 450 for about 10-15 mintues or until cheese is fully melted. Top with optional lettuce and serve with sour cream and salsa. YUM-ME!
Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE enchiladas! It reminds me of home (we're not Mexican, but it's my dad's favourite ethnic food as well) and can you believe I can't find a decent Mexican place to eat around here (that's actually not too surprising!) Thank you for playing along with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy. I love Mexican food. It is actually my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Now that Thursday Thirteen is apparently over, I'll play along with Friday Favorites! ha!

    I'll have to try this recipe - I'm not a very good cook, but I can follow a recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete