www.flickr.com

February 22, 2007

sharing is hard

Does anyone else have to fight for computer time in their house? I constantly have to fight for time. As you all know Chris works midnights and has to do some work from home first and then he goes to work. Normally his time on the computer starts around 9:00, and he is on there until he leaves for work around 10:30-11:00. I usually don't like to get on the computer until both girls are in bed...which Alanna is in bed at 7:30-8:00 and Hannah is in bed at 8:30 on weekdays and 9:00 on weekends. Then before Chris is on the computer Hannah likes to get on there. For Christmas she got these stuffed animals called webkinz. They are real stuffed animals that have a code and you go online to the webkinz website and input the code. You then adopt the pet for 1 year. During that time you pick a name, build a house and buy stuff for it and you also have to keep the pet fed, exercised and in good health. Hannah got like 4 of them for Christmas and she likes to go online and update her pets everyday or so. If I want to be on the computer at all I have to wait my turn, (patiently inorder to set a good example for Hannah) and use it well after my bedtime. At work, I use a computer daily but I cannot always read blogs and write a post. I normally check my emails and read a few here and there, but I never get any work done when I do that. Does anyone else have this problem..am I the only one who has a "tech" family that is on the computer more than we watch TV?

2 comments:

  1. Me and my husband are the same way. Thankfully though he sometimes brings his laptop from work home and he will surf the net at night on that. And my daughter is a bit to small for the computer... so I don;t have to share much and I totally get frustrated when I just want to pop on real quick and check my email, etc.

    sounds like it may be time for computer #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't have to.My husband works all day and then at night while he is getting showered and playing with the kids I wind up my time. THEN he gets his turn while I watch tv in our bed. Our computer is in our room, which helps let us feel that we are being together while we are doing different things. My girls sometimes want to get on, but they know not to bug me about it when I am on there.

    ReplyDelete