www.flickr.com

March 19, 2007

But God, you are still invited....of course.

Chris and I fired our preacher. Well not the preacher we would see every Sunday if we went to Church, but the preacher who we hired to marry us. So not only did he want us to read books that were written in the 1970's he also wanted us to take tests and quizzes about our personality and temperament, one test was 180 questions and the other 150. Chris had, had it. He said either I fire him nicely or he would do it not so nice. (have I mentioned the preacher was my dads cousins husband?) So I decided to do it nicely. But in return I did not get a nice ending to our conversation...Well I guess not all gods peoples can be nice... I feel less stressed. I did enjoy the counseling, but the one book talked about in order to please your husband and make him happy a wife should always be happy and look her best...ummmm, I like to look nice for Chris but I felt the book was for the Brady bunch and not us. Anyways, since it was done Chris said he is happier, because everything was stressing him out. I understand where he was coming from...he barely has enough time for us let alone reading and test taking. If Chris and I don't know each other by now, then what are we doing getting married? I think that with our without the tests, we will make a happy married couple.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! And it's a shame that the preacher you let go couldn't end it on a positive note...isn't that their role in life? To try to provide peace and guidance, even when it means you are not getting guidance from them? It doesn't make sense, and it stinks that it was a family friend, but, life will go on for him! And it certainly is for you and Chris. Glad he is feeling less stressed and hope you are too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember you can still elope! ha!

    I can't believe the preacher was rude! Shame on him.

    ReplyDelete