www.flickr.com

May 22, 2007

another reason I love being a mom

I love my husband.I love my husband.I love my husband. Those were the words I kept repeating in my head yesterday when I walked in the door after working 9 hours.

Chris was home with the girls ALL day yesterday. Hannah ate something that didn't agree with her on Sunday so she did not go to school Monday...and of course Alanna was just there.



Now Chris us very capable of taking care of the girls, I never worry about them when I am gone....I mean he is the dad...However our parenting styles differ slightly. Chris thinks its okay to stay in our PJs all day. (which is fine sometimes), Chris thinks its okay not to brush the girls hair because at the end of the day its messy again (not so sure about that), and Chris thinks its okay to leave dishes and food out on the counter because in a couple of hours we will be eating again (DISAGREE)!
I pull up to the house and see Hannah still in her PJs playing outside, her hair is not brushed and she ate cereal for dinner. I walk into the house and Alanna is still in her PJs, hair hanging in her face and she ate grapes for dinner. I walk a little further and see Chris laying on the couch...you guessed it, still in his PJs. Now to give him some credit he did get a massive headache so he was a little out of it. The toys, oh my the TOYS were everywhere. The dishes on the counter, the couch cushions were on the floor, did I mention the toys? I did have to remind myself that I love my husband, but looking at how happy the girls were that I was home, made it all worth the cleaning up.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, did he get an earful or did you save it because of his headache?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see your eyes when you get into the house and saw the toys... :) not fun! but how rewarding to know your girls were happy to see you!
    about your comment on Shrek, Nikki is scared of many things- dont know why though. she's even scared of Zurg from Toy Story -what's scary in Zurg? we dont watch that much TV anyways, and the little we watch i have to make sure there is no witches or scary parts.
    Girls... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a man thing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete