www.flickr.com

January 21, 2008

SAHM

Buy out papers were mailed to all union employees last Wednesday. After many long discussions with Chris and some family members, I think we are gonna take it. Actually we are gonna take it. Look out world, I'm finally getting my wish to be a SAHM. They haven't said when the last day of work will be, but I'm thinking towards the end of February.

Alanna had her hearing test today. Her hearing is perfect. Now they want to start her on speech therapy. After evaluating her she is at the age, speech wise of a 9 month old to 12 months...That puts her over a 12 month delay. Now that we know her hearing is perfect, its time for some early intervention. The doctor is going to get in touch with the school system and the hospital and they will come to our house for therapy. The doctor said usually is takes about a month to get things rolling..which is perfect timing for me to be home with her. If I was still working, who knows if we would be able to do the therapy for Alanna. I am only available on the weekends normally, so this is all good news.

With having plans to be home with the kids now, I cannot wait to add this new baby to the mix. I was so sad to think about leaving a 6 week old with the sitter...Now I don't have to worry about it.

I'm not a real religious person, but I prayed for an answer on what to do, and its clear that this is the way to go. I cannot wait to start the adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! This is totally the answer you have been waiting for! I'm so happy for you that you finally get your wish to be a SAHM. Even though it's not under the circumstances you have complete control over, you do have the choice and the buy-out. This is going to be soooo great for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo excited for you!! Yay!!! This was just meant to be! I have to admit to looking at your title and going huh? LOL! Then when I was reading I was like duh! hee-hee! Just shows I don't have kiddo's YET!! There's that word again! ha!

    ReplyDelete