www.flickr.com

December 17, 2008

How it began

Lori asked

Q: When did you and the hubs meet and when did you know you were in love?

A: Well Chris and I met through a good friend of ours, Jon*. Jon* and I were roommates in 2003-2004. I don't remember the exact day we met but it was in December. It was night and Jon* asked if I minded if he had a friend Chris come over. I met Chris before but never paid much attention because, a) he was seeing someone pretty seriously, and b) I never found him that attractive. I told Jon* I didn't mind and went to change into my pajamas and wash my makeup off..you know getting ready for bed routine. When Chris walked in the door, my mind did a 180, and I felt horribly embarrassed. He was so cute, and good looking, that I ran into my room and put on fresh makeup. Come to find out he was no longer in a relationship. We talked, but no fireworks that night.

The next couple of weeks, Chris hung around the house as Jon's* friend, but played with Hannah and we talked sometimes. Then in January, I told Chris that I was starting to have feelings for him. He wasn't ready for a relationship at that point. So we hung out as friends. A couple of weeks later he told me that he had feelings for me too, and we began dating, towards the end of January. Things sort of moved fast because Jon* moved out and I needed to find another roommate to help pay the bills. Instead Chris moved in and we became exclusive.

The 1st time Chris told me he loved me was in March. We had just bought a new bed and we were putting it together. While screwing in the screws, Chris looked at me and told me he loved me. It was special because there wasn't a romantic moment, just a realization. From then on we have been together almost everyday, except a few rough spots while I was pregnant with Alanna that Chris stayed at his dads house, while my hormones balanced out :). We have been together 5 years this January and married for 14 months.
When I see Chris I still get the butterflies that I got the 1st night I seen him. He is still the man for me.

* Jon owns Collector's Corner and Media Outlet, Its a great way to shop online for that picky person at Christmas time or anytime of the year. Check it out.


More questions and answers later. And remember if you have questions, I'm still taking them.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/17/2008

    what a sweet love story! thank you for coming by my blog and entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...you were screwing when he first said...JUST KIDDING! But I had to giggle!
    Great story - keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/18/2008

    Hahaha at Lori's comment. This was an interesting little story! Isn't it strange how true love finds us when we are NOT looking?

    ReplyDelete