www.flickr.com

December 12, 2008

Merry Chriastmas meme

I haven't had much to say lately. So I thought a meme might be nice for a change.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I really prefer gift bags, since I suck at wrapping. I always like picking out the cutest bags and the tissue paper to match.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
We have an artificial tree. I like to keep my tree up for a long time and it was always more practical.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Always the day after Thanksgiving. It just seems right.
4. When do you take the tree down?
The tree usually comes down January 2. Its always the second because usually the first, I'm not feeling well. Go figure :)
5. Do you like eggnog?
I've only had it once and it was okay.
6. Favourite gift received as a child?
This is a hard one. I was very fortunate growing up and pretty much always got what I asked for. But if I had to think really hard I would have to say my own TV for my room. I think I was about 10 or so. That was pretty nice, I felt grown up.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My mom, hands down. She is the type of person I always want to buy the best gift for and have yet to achieve that.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Alanna. She is at that age that as long as its a toy, she loves it :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I always mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
It was the Christmas after Hannah was born. My boyfriends mom bought me a case of cheap makeup all in pinks and oranges. It was definitely something.
12. Favourite Christmas Movie?
Elf, with Will Ferrell. He is the funniest Elf I ever seen. Then comes The Santa Claus with Tim Allen.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Sometime in December. Usually when I have to finally face the fact winter is here and Christmas is in a few weeks.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, but hear me out. Hannah got this Barbie Fairy Princess DVD last year and never opened it. Her Best Friends birthday is in February and we needed a present so in the birthday bag it went. She loved it, and Hannah can still keep a secret. LOL.
15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?
We always go to my dads on Christmas Eve, and my step mom has all these appetizers and finger foods laid out. They are the best. I always look forward to her food on Christmas Eve.
16. Lights on the tree?
Whats a tree without lights? A Christmas tree always needs lights.
17. Favourite Xmas song?Favourite carol?
Rudolph the red nose reindeer, Carol of the bells, and Jingle Bell Rock.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Christmas eve is my dads, and Christmas day is our house.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
This is easy, see # 17. You know Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, On Comet, Cupid, Donner Blitzen and of course Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Like I said before, we do my dads on Christmas Eve, so we get presents there and our house on Christmas day...So BOTH.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Even thought its supposed to be the holiday of cheer, giving and love. People are the most crabbiest this time of year. The stress of gifts and shopping just gets to them.
23. Favourite ornament theme or colour?





It has to be all the personalized ornaments. As you can see Hannah as more than the other 2, well her name is sort of popular, Alanna is not and Ben just started. But I have faith they will catch up. :)
24. Favourite memory of Christmas?
I have 2 very specific ones. First before my dad took over Christmas Eve, we used to have it at my grandmas house. She passed aways when I was 12. She always had a gold tree with white doves. I remember my dad would pick us up and take us to her house. I would always be so excited because my big brother Todd would always be there on Christmas, usually with a new girlfriend each year. When I was younger I didn't see much of Todd and it was always special. The second one is much different. When I was much younger I was a Jehovah witness, and didn't celebrate Christmas. The 1st Christmas my mom and dad divorced, my mom let us celebrate Christmas. We didn't have any Christmas decorations, so my mom made stockings out of cardboard and wrapped them with wrapping paper. I still remember it. It was red with Santa faces all over it. We had a 3 foot tree covered in homemade ornaments. It was the best tree I ever had. Thanks mom.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
There so many material things I would like. But really I would give it all up just to know Chris could get a job SOON.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/13/2008

    I'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for anything with Alanna's name! I could never find my own name when I was a kid and it was so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the personalized ornaments and hand-made ornaments!

    ReplyDelete