www.flickr.com

December 19, 2008

You asked for it

T asked:

Q: How about a story from your childhood?? Maybe a school field trip or the day you learned there was no Santa Claus?? :)

A: OKay I mentioned before that I was a Jehovah Witness, and they do not celebrate Christmas. So sadly, I never believed in Santa Claus. When I was younger, my cousins would get worked up over this man who would come into your home in the middle of the night to leave gifts. I was worried for them, you know a stranger and all, and asked my mom why my Aunt and Uncle would let this happen. She told me at a very young age, maybe 5 or 6 that it was all make believe.
A school field trip....well that would have to be in 5th grade to a place called Greenfield Village. The school would go there once a year at the end of the school year. This boy, who I was friends with since 3rd grade, bought me a present from the gift shop. It was a paper flower. I remember being so embarrassed because a boy bought me something. I still have it, somewhere. This boy, and I were great friends all through high school, even afterwards. I have lost touch with him now, but he was one of my best friends. Sickly enough, we even peirced our belly buttons togehter with safety pins...How germy.

1 comment:

  1. good questions...so, do your kiddo's believe in Santa? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete