www.flickr.com

May 29, 2009

A new spin on some old classics

When I was asked to do a review on some new spins on some old classics done by Disney I was very excited. The 2 movies that me and the kids were most excited to get were Mickey and the Beanstalk and The Tortoise and the Hare.


As I have said before Alanna loves Mickey, so I knew that Mickey and the Beanstalk would be for her. It stars Mickey, Donald and Goofy in a fun adventure based on the story Jack and the Beanstalk. In this adventure, the gang (Mickey, Donald and Goofy) climb the tall beanstalk up into the clouds and run into the Giant, Willy who guards the golden harp. I like how Disney brings new life to the old classics. Some that may not be as entertaining to the younger generations. Kids will be drawn to this classic spin because of Mickey Mouse and his friends. There is always a new and exciting adventure when they are involved.



The Tortoise and the Hare is one of my favorite classics. I love the story line and the message that this story brings. Hannah never seemed to be to interested in the classic cartoons that I grew up with, but when she seen that this was done by Disney she decided to give it a try. She really enjoyed the antics that Max Hare showed during the race, and she understood the message of being overly confident in something your good at. The whole time we were watching she was rooting for Toby the Tortoise to win and when he finally did, we cheered.



Again I really the message that these cartoons being to my girls and that Disney is involved. So Disney, again you get 2 thumbs up from this momma.


You can also check out other Classic short films such as Wind in the Willows, The Prince and the Pauper, Three Little pigs, and The Reluctant Dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment