www.flickr.com

March 18, 2010

Bleach shirts


I found a really neat thing to do with bleach and T shirts here. When I was at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago they had the T Shirts 50% off so I picked some up for the kids.  I printed some designs from the computer just to regular paper.  I cut it out with an exacto knife.  Pinned it to the shirt.  In a spray bottle I put pure bleach.  I then misted the bleach above the shirt a few times and removed the stencil.  One thing I learned though is you have to be careful with the pins.  Some bleach got through the pin holes and made spots on the graphics..Minor, but if you are a perfectionist it may bother you...It doesn't bother me or the kids.  Also the back of Alanna's sort of bled through and she has some bleach spots on the back of her shirt, I think that I am going to mist bleach all the shirts on the back to make them look more even.  This project took maybe 10 minutes with printing all the paper to hanging up to dry.  It was so easy and fun...Now the kids have new shirts that are custom and only for them.  Hannah already has friends lined up for shirts of their own. 




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip about bleeding through. I haven't tried this project yet but I think I may try slipping some waxed paper inside the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! YOu are becoming quite the craft queen! You should start selling some of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete