I know I have been totally MIA for a couple of days, maybe even a week. With the flu, Christmas, trying to make up Christmas with family, working, being pregnant and then New Years I have been extremely tired and overwhelmed. Last week I had a mini breakdown. I was so over being sick from the flu and being pregnant and tired that I broke down crying. I left work and came home and slept for hours. When I woke up I called the doctor and they told me to take some vitamin B6 to help with the tiredness and nausea. Well you know what, it worked. Not that I doubted the doctor, but I did wonder how one little vitamin would help me feel better and it did. I have been able to get back to semi normalness lately and its been really nice.
The couple of days after Christmas I worked and cleaned..thats about it. Over the weekend we had to make up Christmas with family we cancelled on. It was nice. We had my brother, his girlfriend, Kylee, my 2 step sisters, my uncle and my little cousin over for some Christmas pizza. It was so nice seeing everyone. One of my sisters is away at college 4 hours away, so we don't see each other often. That night we left the guys with the kids and us sisters went to the movies. We seen National Treasure 2. It wasn't as good as the 1st, but I really enjoyed it. The next couple of days we just hung out, and rested. New Years eve, I babysat and Kylee stayed the night. I figured since I can't even make it past 10 pm om a normal night, what fun would I be going out trying to ring in the new year. Chris, I and all 3 girls had a nice quiet night at home. Our friends Jon and Lane came over and Lanes son who is around Alanna's age, and we basically were couch potatoes and watched movies all night. It was FUN!
I have to go back to work tomorrow and hopefully get things back to normal. Being off is so nice, but a nice routine is always good too.
Normally on New Years I do not do a resolution, because by the 5th, I have usually forgotten it or broken it and it never really pans out for me. I seen this on another site and even though this post is pretty long, thought I would share anyways.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't normally like making resolutions, like I said, but being a more patient mother would be nice.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my handsome nephew Matthew and my gorgeous niece Kylee, both were born this year
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, not this year
5. What countries did you visit?
None...I don't get out much anymore
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A little more peace with myself, and not to jump to conclusions so fast.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Actually planning a wedding and pulling it off
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being as patient as I know I can be
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
We all got the flu TWICE in 2007
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I can't really think of anything right now.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Alanna's, so far 2 isn't that bad, and I know I will regret that statement later, LOL
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Well not appalled, but I wish Hannah would listen better and not talk back as much
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
You Save Me by Kenny Chesney
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Happier, skinnier, but not for long, poorer, but I wouldn't change anything.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Family activities, we do alot with the girls, but I always want more.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you be spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
I fell more in love with my family.
22. How many one-night stands?
Kinda a funny question, since most of my answers have been about my wedding in one way or another, so NONE!
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Jon and Kate plus 8, LOVE IT. She inspires me!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
All 7 of the Harry Potter series
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ella, Ella, Ella, Umbrella, LOL!
27. What did you want and get?
A happy family
28. What did you want and not get?
More money than I can count, but maybe next year.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I did nothing for my BDAY this year, I was 26. We had just had the wedding, so we were pretty broke and partied out, LOL.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having someone else pay for the wedding.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
33. What kept you sane?
The thought of one day at a time and tomorrow will be better, oh and theres only 24 hours in a day.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Brittany Spears was pretty fun to watch this year, but I don't think I fancied her, more like worried for the babies.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The presidential candidates, I'm not confident in any of them yet.
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Don't take anyone for granted
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Just another day in paradise