www.flickr.com

January 5, 2010

I will make it

Ok picture this. Its 10:00 pm. You are so exhausted from the day. You did 3 loads of laundry, folded and put away all of it. Cleaned the house and that would entail you sweeping, mopping and vacuuming. You also dusted the living room. After cleaning you decided to take some left over soup to your neighbor and while carrying a 25 pound boy and a heavy soup pan, you fall on the ice, saving your baby and the soup, but hurting your knee ever so badly. You come home from the neighbors and put the baby down for a nap when your middle child comes home from preschool. She gets a snack and you send her to bed as well. While the kids nap you play a little online and before you know it you missed the window to nap and its 3:00. The little kids are up from a nap and Hannah comes home around 4. You start dinner, eat dinner and clean up from dinner. Then your husband comes home and you make him a plate, and clean up that plate. You do the dishes that won't fit in the dishwasher and then you sit down..Ok now its 10:00 pm. Your 4 year old is out of bed AGAIN! You "yell" her name ALANNA GET IN BED NOOOWWWW!!!!!!!

Yup, you just broke your 4 day streak of no yelling at the children. But you quickly realize what you just did, so get off the couch and go into her room. You calmly yet very firmly advise her that its in her best interest if she does not get out of bed again, her bedtime is 8:30 and tomorrow night she will be in bed at 8. You also tell her that she is not allowed out of bed again because she will be one very tired little girl for school the next day. You leave her room and you vow to get back on track with the no yelling, once in 4 days with your child is like a miracle.

If I have learned one hing from this its that its ok to to make a mistake. I am so proud of myself. I usually yell A LOT. I am a yeller. I am learning to control my self and that its not always the kids that are being bad. If I am tired or have a bad day I tend to take it out on the people near me and I am controlling that. I will not let this affect me. I will continue to do better for myself and my family.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...I can't believe you saved the baby AND the soup! wow! You must fall more gracefully than I do! ha!

    ReplyDelete