www.flickr.com

February 3, 2007

who knew?

Wedding count down: 83 days and counting.

Things for the wedding are really moving along and coming together. Today Chris and I ventured out in the below freezing weather to register for the wedding. If you are curious we went here and here. Chris had never registered for anything before and it took a minute to get it down and then once he did he was telling me to scan everything. We had a good day together. Are days out and about together are rare because of his work schedule, but with all the wedding stuff our weekends have been full and nice. I love spending time with Chris and today was even more fun since my mom came over to the house to watch the girls, so we didn't have to take them out in the cold. (In case you don't know, the weather here in Michigan is very cold..check it out, the news cast actually said to stay inside and if you MUST go out cover ALL skin areas, because you will freeze in less than 5-10 minutes....Can I come visit you in the warm climates, anyone? Nicole? Lindsay?) Anyways where was I, my mom came and played with the girls, Chris and I got to go by ourselves and it was fun. You should have seen us. We were running up and down the aisles with the register gun just scanning away.. picture 2 kids in a toy store and you have us in a grown up toy store. I think on more than one occasion, Chris asked if he could scan an xbox 360, I told him only if I could hire a maid...I did not get my maid. Registering for things for the house was the most fun. There are gadgets and gizmos that I have no idea what they do, but look really cool. They have makers for every type of food you want...quesadillas, waffles, ice cream, and even rice cookers. I thought you just put rice in a pot with boiling water and wait 5 minutes and its done...wow, maybe I should read the cook book I got for Christmas. I will be the 1st to admit that I am not a cooker. I am learning and the few things I can make have turned out really good. I told Chris if I got half the stuff we asked for he will have a hot dinner on the table every night. Cooking has to be fun and boy will it be once I get done. Maybe with all the new cooking stuff out there I should ask for some cooking lessons. That would be fun..can I bring the rice cooker with me? No more frozen microwave meals for us...Hey did you know they have something out there that cooks frozen pizza? No not an oven but a circles type heating grill and spins the pizza to cook it...WOW, and I thought I was advanced with a microwave oven.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note: Chris and I interviewed nanny#1 today. I didn't really like her. That's okay though since the ad in the paper has ran for 3 days and I have like 20 interviews over the next 2 weekends. I would also like to thank everyone for their advice...I have written it all down and will definitely use it all....Thanks again.

4 comments:

  1. It is SO not warm here. I am sure it would be warm to you though. To me it's FREEZING! And yes, come one down!

    I do not envy you trying to find a nanny. Be picky! With 20 to choosed from, surely there is one in there that would be good!! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weddings are so much fun, aren't they? Good luck with the nannies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picture! It looks like you had a great time together. And that you needed it! Tasha-you are SO PRETTY!!!! You have that million dollar smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys ar too cute together!
    I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU VISIT!!!! ut it has been cold here too, we actuially had snow for a few days :)
    Keep us posted on the nanny search... I am geting you a wedding present! ANything you really want?

    ReplyDelete